Monday, 10 February 2014

Module 3 Week 3: TEL and Assessment

Note the interaction between many factors in these examples:
  • Technological possibilities
  • Pedagogy and content
  • Desire to assist learning
  • Policy priorities and organisational change
How do I position myself in relation to these issues?


How do I view the relative stability of much of the e-Assessment literature?


What is my reaction to the various normative standards and distinctions set out by Charman and Elmes?


What are your views on the implications of e-assessment tools undertaking marking or mediating between people (such as students and teachers)?
  • I find the potential for e-assessment tools such as Project e-Scape to facilitate new ways of assessing work - and especially portfolio-based work - particularly exciting.

How would you evaluate the variety of examples that are presented in the readings:
  • in terms of normative assessment standards
  • in terms of the work on learning and teaching in the previous topics

Can your professional background provide concrete examples of how you might apply ideas, o prioritise how you think about assessment?
  • Did the readings make you think differently about practices that you are familiar with?

What interesting and timely problems might you want to investigate, and what is the role of assessment theory, policy priorities and technological possibilities within these? 
  • I'm interested in what motivates learners to participate in online discussions and activities, particularly if these activities are not specifically linked to assessment.


No comments:

Post a Comment