Thursday, 31 January 2013

Module 1 personal learning objectives



The day has finally come - it's day 1 of the PhD. Although there hasn't been much time to feel any kind of trepidation, it's interesting to finally be confronted with the question 'what do you want to get out of this?' I suspect that whatever I write below will change radically over the coming months (and years - aargh).

But for the record, at this point in time, here is what I am aiming to get out of the first module:
  1. Obtain a better understanding of research methods and methodological approaches
  2. Learn new ways of collecting and analysing data, and be able to consider how to use this knowledge to design future research projects
  3. Gain more confidence in critically evaluating both my own and other people's work
  4. Meet and connect with others on the course
Tune in next week to find out if I survived Week 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment